Monday 15 January 2018

Reflective Report - Moving Images


For my animation, I had every intention of pushing myself and getting my figures from my print to actually walk along the screen. I knew this was going to be a challenge but if it worked, I knew it would be very effective.

What went well?

Scanning my drawings of the walking cycle into photoshop and editing them allowed me to select the images as a series and upload them into After effects

Getting my figures to walk! Although probably not the smoothest walk cycle, I was still happy that I managed to achieve it.

I used various textures for the figures to give off that old fuzzy TV effect and to convey they idea that they are moving by turning up the blur effect.

Each figure has a slightly different texture because i wanted to play around with depth - something which i think works quite well.

I think the figures slowly disappearing one by one is a good touch as it adds to the power and dominance of the blue figures as the black figures are slowly being engulfed by the human race.

Struggles?

I wasn't sure whether to have the black figures walking in the opposite direction or to just stand still. I tried with them walking but i felt like there was too much going on.

I had the figures standing in front of the blue figures which looked a little basic and the depth that i thought i had created with the textures, looked to have disintegrated. I allowed some of the blue figures to walk in front of the black figures which added to the depth and intensified the dominance of the blue figures.

The sound

I wanted just some simple 'walking sounds' - i experimented with listening to people walking in public with background sounds but i noticed that there was too much going on and it actually distracted me from the sound which was most important - the walking.

I wanted to combine two different walks, as the figures aren't walking in unison so there are some cross overs. This creates an uneasy atmosphere as there are is no real clear structured walking formation. It was relatively difficult to find a walking sound which actually corresponded with the walking visual simultaneously.   

No comments:

Post a Comment