Thursday 24 January 2019

Norwegian Wood experiments




  • I really admire Haruki Murakami's writing style and the beautiful imagery he creates through his incredibly descriptive analysis of very mundane things.
  • There seemed to be a lot of replication of themes and motifs throughout the book which I thought I could use to my advantage, for example, music, love and death. I thought red would be a great colour to represent both love and death and of course Japanese culture.
  • Red birds and the guitar were heavily mentioned throughout the book so I thought this would be a great idea to incorporate in the design
  • I also experimented with the concept of 'Norwegian Wood' being a song by The Beatles and played around with the classic Abbey Road album cover and them walking over a zebra crossing.
  • There were just so many scenes within the book which I wanted to illustrate but I needed to find some restraint and MOVE ON.
  • I think I am spending too much time on this book and trying to illustrate all the designs in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment