Monday 24 October 2016

Visual subject - Tribes



For this task I chose the visual subject of tribes. I thought this subject would be really interesting to explore with the shapes colour and interesting masks involved. I wanted to visually show my own interpretation from photographs. I went to the library and took out a few books to give me some first hand sources for my observational studies. I wanted to really explore materials as well has technique and process. I quite like the idea of repeating a subject again and again using different techniques and processes as it creates alternative perspectives and conveys different types of emotions.





I really like the sense of movement on my page. I like the repetition and prominent use of brushstrokes. This contrasts well with the more refined minimalist drawing. I really like the amount of life on the page with so many different techniques and materials. I have really experimented with materials and I think this is evidently successful.  The ones I think are most successful are the more simple designs with more of a free flowing structure. I think the sense of movement creates a really interesting dimension and interpretation - huge contrast to the original photograph.
Future plans - increase the scale and start to look at tribal masks experimenting with bold colours.





No comments:

Post a Comment