Friday 20 October 2017

Printed Pictures Proposal


I intend to produce:

5 striking prints focusing on simple imagery.

The content will focus on:

The social and cultural background of not only Toni Morrison, but the books she has written. I want to find out the deeper meaning of the books and the messages conveyed - the relevance they both have on today's society.

I will be aiming to communicate:

Levels of power, sense of segregation, blue eyes contrasted with the black. I want the bits of blue to really stand out. Quite shocking imagery but I also want this to be presented in quite a subtle way - allowing people to really analyse the image and question bits.

To an audience of:

I want my work to appeal to the younger generation to make them slightly more aware of the context - I do feel however because of the context, it would appeal to more to the older generation as they would be able to understand it more, and of course if the imagery is quite striking and provocative it would appeal to someone with a thicker skin perhaps.









No comments:

Post a Comment