Saturday 12 November 2016

Research and development





So i started to play around with shapes and continuous lines with portrait to show a completely alternative side to consciousness. I think these are so successful as it is not quite obvious that it is a person. The designs have both a sense of alter ego and multiple personalities, as well as a fragmented structure with the shapes breaking away from the face, representing the different thoughts and mind processes. I think the overlapping lines give it a real sense of abstract value and make the overall composition even more intriguing. I think the combinations of various colours works really well - on a white background making it really stand out. 

I plan on sketching out my book layout with this design on it and start thinking about type as well as what i am going to have one the sleeves, spine and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment