Saturday 12 November 2016

Some roughs



I created 4 rough designs with the exact measurements of my book, to give me an idea of layout for 
my cover.



With this design I wanted to show multiple personas. The idea of an alter ego and how we see ourselves and how others see us. The contrast between the two, the conscious mind playing tricks on us. The colours represent different moods and emotions. The over lapped effect works so well and i really like how i have taken a quite simple portrait outline and immediately made it become more intriguing. I had a silent crit about my roughs and they gave me some ideas on how to develop it further. They really liked the idea of shapes and suggested including the shapes within the portrait to move away from the obvious representation and create something quite abstract. I found this really useful and it is definitely something i want to explore.



Playing around with multiple pen line drawings - double exposure effect. I think the font works really well with the image in this design.



What i really like about this design is the simplicity of the shape but then the real complexity of whats happening inside. Representing chaos quite well. I think the sleeves also work quite well and correspond nicely with the front cover design. I do however feel that the design is maybe too complacent and not as interesting as maybe it could be due to the fact there isn't much going on  



I really like the contrast between the black and bright contrasting colours with this design. The strong silhouette is very striking and corresponds so well with the colours. My silent crit group loved the aesthetics but found the concept to be quite cliche and used way too much when it comes to consciousness, which i agreed on. They liked how the coloured shapes and lines went over the front cover and onto the back, something to consider when going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment