Saturday 12 November 2016

Testing and experimenting


Sticking with the idea of simplicity, i moved on with another design, which is an adaptation from the original book design.

 I took an area from the complex book cover and played around with the shape making it come across more powerful and significant as i feel there is so much going on with colour and line that it takes away from the beauty.






 


                                            






 The science symbol works so well and just a simple line drawing of that with the font represents consciousness in more of a subtle way, staying away from the more obvious side. I experimented with a range of materials with this design, from expressive abstract brush strokes to more refined line work. I definitely feel the ones with colour are most successful. 

I will now start to explore shape within portraiture, suggested by people in my silent crit group.

No comments:

Post a Comment