Monday 23 January 2017

3D and Lens


For this mini project over the Christmas break, I had the power of deciding what superpower I could have and from this decision, create some sort of craft or image which reflects that superpower - in other words become that superpower and take a photo of myself. After careful consideration I was really struggling for ideas, with the thought of having to actually make something at the back of my mind. I did some rough sketching and brainstorming of the type of superpower I wanted to convey. 

My first idea the sun. People have often stated that I am a very positive person so I thought perhaps I could make a sun out of cardboard and and fix it around my head (my head representing the sun) paint my face yellow and wear all yellow clothing. I felt like maybe this idea was a little cringe and not that interesting visually - potentially being seen as something quite humorous.

I have always wanted the power of turning myself invisible whenever I wanted. So working with that as a strating point I did a few sketches and studies.










 

I created some really interesting studies using wet paint and scratching into it so the base colour comes through. This subtle technique ever so slightly draws out a figure which is barely visible and reflects the whole idea of invisibility so well. I also experimented with different tones on top of each other to create quite eerie and sinister outcomes.

From this idea generation I was thinking I could perhaps dress myself in one colour for example yellow and stand next to a yellow wall - this would create an interesting illusion and a subtle hint of invisibility. Another idea I have which would be more ambitious and create more of an authentic image, is to paint my body the colour and stand next to the same colour wall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment