Tuesday 3 January 2017

Pineapple


So because my favourite fruit is a pineapple I decided to do some research into pineapples. The more I researched the more huge health benefits I discovered about pineapples. And because pineapples. aesthetically are so interesting, visually I could create something quite fun. 




I simplified the pineapple shape to create this character. After doing some research i discovered that 'Ananas' was the original name of the fruit - the word nanas meaning 'excellent fruit'. I thought this was quite interesting and could incorporate it into my project.

Thoughts: I think the character is really successful and with the simple design you can still easily work out what fruit it is. I could develop it further perhaps experimenting with textures for the skin and draw the character from different angles. I should also do some observational drawings of the pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment