Monday 23 January 2017

Invisibility







So I decided to paint half my body white. I used both face paint and acrylic as I struggled to maintain the face paints opacity - the acrylic paint made it more opaque. I think this works so effectively and particularly compositionally - allowing the background to play a significant part in the image. In some ways I do like how parts of my body haven't been painted to the extreme levels of pure whiteness - it gives it that sense of realness, however if I were to do it again I would love to go the extreme and completely cover myself in white paint - I think this would create such an interesting composition. What would also of been interesting is if I drew some grey lines on my body to correspond with the background lines, giving it that extra bit of compositional value.


No comments:

Post a Comment