Tuesday 24 January 2017

Composotion


For this challenge I was given an object, a type of person and a location. I got:

Gun

Fireman

Jungle

I created a few roughs with all three words composed in a variety of different compositions.



I used different sized boxes to give me some idea of size and scale.I experimented with zooming in on certain things within the  frame like the tree and the fireman's face - this creates multiple perspectives and therefore emotions. The bottom right is quite interesting because it creates this idea that the viewer is hiding from the culprit. The silhouette adds to this sinister and dark idea but the fact the viewer is able to see where the figure is, gives them an advantage,

For my final painting I wanted to create a really dark composition. High contrast of dark and light to dramatise the scenario. I like the idea of having simplified objects to represent location - so i could have leaves coming into the frame to symbolise the jungle.




This is my final painted composition. I was very much inspired by Noma Bar in terms of his simple dramatic shapes to create striking images. Ive placed half of the figure in the frame as I feel if I had all the figure in the frame it wouldn't draw the viewer to the gun (the focal point). The negative space adds to this effect and i like how the leaves are almost pointing towards the figure therefore leading your eyes towards the focal point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment