Friday 13 January 2017

Further developments



I wanted to further my experimentation ability by actually painting the skin of a pineapple and then rolling this onto some paper to create interesting prints. This creates an earthy feeling, quite sharp and rough, reflecting the texture of a pineapple quite well. I could perhaps use this texture on top of future drawings maybe?




I then started playing around with collage and gathering bits of scrap paper together in creating compositions. I think this particular design is very successful as the ripped paper effect and overlaps of different tones of the same colour gives it a rough texture, reflecting the pineapple quite well. Maybe i could add some words or start to introduce some facts in the collage? I do feel like this might get a bit confusing and I want to stick to simplicity.


Artist Laura Benjamin explores sweet wrappers and uses them to create interesting collages. I used this inspiration as another approach to creating imagery. I find it really interesting how the different colours from each packaging creates the tonal structure of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment