Tuesday 3 January 2017

Character development


I experimented with different textures and character designs.



Thoughts: My early stages of development making the pineapple appear more human (adding legs, arms and skateboard) this had the effect of different characteristics (happy, sad, angry) but the movement into realistic colour is successful in using natural form to suit my purpose. I might do a page of observational drawings. I think the more simple ones are most effective because the focus is mainly on the fruit and not what character it is. I think the use of sunglasses gives the pineapple individuality that could be extended into a comic.

I might try some different cuttings of a pineapple like rings and slices. What happens when you slice it in half? What kind of character do you get now? defeated? Maybe if i had more time i could look further into looking at the pineapple not only as a whole but in the ways it is cut and presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment