Wednesday 11 January 2017

Further testing and developments





















So I started to think about ideas for my book cover. My first thought was perhaps each page a different cutting of a pineapple with facts I have researched next to each design. What I was also thinking is having each page having the same outside image of the pineapple but slowly decreasing in content - with each piece cut, gradually the pineapple becoming smaller and smaller. I just feel like maybe these designs could come across quite mundane,and yes visually could look quite interesting as a form of development using the same image, but as an overall book would it really leave the viewer to be amazed and wanting to look through it again? I am not so sure. So this is why I was thinking of perhaps going back yo my character design idea but this time on each page, making the character doing something in relation to the text. For example the fact 'pineapples ripen faster upside down' i could illustrate a pineapple character being tied up by his legs hanging down.

No comments:

Post a Comment