Friday 20 January 2017

Pineapple cuttings





There is real sense of movement and energy in these studies and that is something which works to my advantage. The expressive nature and combinations of materials give it a sense of unknown, making the subject appear more intriguing as you are not able to quite work out what it actually is, I could intensify this by zooming in on sections of each study and perhaps in my book, placing them in corners coming out towards the centre with the negative space drawing the viewer towards the image. I dont think i should add features to these studies as I feel they will loose that sense of freedom and perhaps become more refined. I also don't think it would work because if I added say, an eye for example, They would turn into little creature things, drawing away from the fact that they are pineapples.

No comments:

Post a Comment