Tuesday 3 January 2017

Health project


For this project, I was given a word - 'health'. I started to think about possible places I could visit and record observations and perhaps conversations with people to gather some first hand research.
I created a spider diagram to help me generate a few ideas. 

Initial Ideas: I was thinking maybe going to a hospital to take photographs of patients and maybe interview patients about how they got there, their life story. This may be quite difficult though as probably the last thing a patient wants to be doing is answering questions about their life to some randomer. Also I don't think its really that appropriate to be taking photographs inside a hospital.

My next idea was looking at mental health and perhaps visiting a mental institution or prison. Interviewing a patient. I felt like i could get some really interesting stories and information but I just feel like i need to be quite experienced to be able to do this.

My next Idea was looking at drugs and alcohol and how they really affect the inside of your body. I thought thkis could be quite interesting as a series of drawings on how damaging drugs are to your health - more of an educational idea. I was thinking about doing some scientific research about drugs - going to the library taking out some books. Maybe talking to a biology teacher. 

Another idea I had was veganism. I wanted to find out more about vegan and what actually is vegan? what is beneficial about veganism and what are peoples reasons for becoming a vegan. A lot of my friends are vegans so i could ask them a few questions about their life story in becoming a vegan. I definitely want to look at fruit and vegetables - what is really inside them? why are they classed as 'healthy'? 

I could also possibly look at Physical exercise and what that does that's beneficial to your body. Possible places to visit - the gym. I could sit and draw people working out?  

No comments:

Post a Comment