Wednesday 11 January 2017

Potential book designs






So these are just some designs I have created for my book. I have created a character by combining crayons with paint to create some sort of texture for the body and simply added white circles as eyes, I wanted to keep it simple to make a stronger impact. I really like how the characters have character, and i think the simple style works really effectively, with the motif of black arms and legs. I think how the character relates to the text works well and the style probably appeals more to the younger generation, however i feel the facts would educate anyone on what pineapples are all about.

I do however feel maybe I'm not pushing myself with materials and processes. Is this idea really that unique and creative? Yes it looks pretty and cute and i'm sure it would look great as a picture book but I think I could still take this pineapple idea in a completely different direction creating a whole new perspective. Does the pineapple really have to look that much like a pineapple? Maybe i could be less elaborative in my approach? Use some collage and combine some materials to create interesting textures and shapes, stepping outside the refined pineapple box. This is something I am willing to explore further.

After my one to one tutorial, I learned that yes perhaps I am playing it a bit safe with this design and as much as I, and people liked it, It definitely isn't showcasing my true ability and i could probably come up with something more interesting. Going back to my previous experiments with pineapples and how ambiguous they were, I should extend this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment