Tuesday 3 January 2017

Collage


Continuing with my theme 'tribes' I used the photocopier to enlarge and reduce in size some of the images I collected from the library. I then used bits a newspaper, and patterned wallpaper to manipulate the images, using a scalpel.









I think the unbalanced effect of black and white and colour works so well. The colours reflect African patterns, something I wanted to incorporate into the design, Because there is so much complexity within the image, i wanted there to be a lot of negative space to draw your eyes to the main focal point. Perhaps I could of added some text and maybe added analogue materials like paint and pastel. Maybe added some other images not just focused on one image? Add photos of maybe different surroundings in the background to add some kind of context or humour?

No comments:

Post a Comment