Wednesday 8 February 2017

'I see faces'


For this character designing brief, I was given a range of songs to listen to, used as a starting point to develop and generate a range of ideas in relation to specific emotions and moods the song conveys. 
I was very much interested by the song 'Flamingo' by 'Kero Kero Bonito'.

Initial reactions:

The song is very cutesy and quite structured. There is a clear sense of symmetry involved as it appears that everything is concise and well thought out. The song is very smooth and free flowing creating a sense of joy and happiness when listening. Quite a positive song with huge amounts of cuteness. When I was listening to this song I pictured in my had a small character with huge eyes, quite shy, staring at its surroundings in ore of everything. Because the song is titled Flamingo, I automatically linked it to the colour pink. The song has Japanese vibes and therefore I instantly link it to Japanese characters, typically all cute and small with huge eyes. While listening to this song on repeat I started to create some initial sketches and words which pop into my head, drawings purely driven by emotions and feelings.



As I was listening I got a bright complimentary colour sensation. I felt very controlled and although the song is very free flowing, there is still that strong sense of structure present. From this I will start to look at capturing the essence of the song just by creating some simple brush strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment