Wednesday 8 February 2017

Capturing the essence of the song




I first started to create some simple shapes using a large brush to emphasise the feelings I was experiencing when listening to the song. The circular motion is prominent and seems a reoccurring theme. I also started to cut out some simple shapes to help me generate some grounds in developing a character. As i started to draw out the shapes created from the cutouts, I began to make an 'enzyme' connection - much of the shapes reminded me of enzymes and the interaction between them. The main thing about enzymes is the attachment and connection and how they correspond with each other. This has given me ideas to create a character with perhaps a few really simple shapes, conjoined together with one continuous line to reflect the well structured, free flowing nature of the song.



Much of my recent work relates to the work of  Matisse with is cut out bits of collage. What I particularly like about his work after researching it a bit more, is his use of breaking up complex images into just a few simple shapes. His fluid nature and the break up of images as really inspired me to create similar images. This is a great starting point for my project and has enabled me to explore further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment