Monday 27 February 2017

Initial drawings


I decided to do some initial quick, rough fluid drawings, getting all my ideas visually down on the piece of paper. This fluid rough style of drawing gave me the opportunity to pin point particular successes and then progress these forward.



My initial thought process was coming up with fairly simple concepts but illustrating them in a stylised way. One main idea I had in mind was 'affection'. This is something which personally I feel is needed more in this world, The feeling of having the physical affection is something special and makes you feel supported and safe. It shows someone cares a lot, done through the most simple of approaches. I for one, definitely don't to this as often as I feel i should - even just a small hug can make someones day and lift their spirits completely; knowing that you are there for them. So this is an idea i want to visually play with. I also decided to look outside the box and think about things which give kindness to not someone, but something inside the body.. eating healthily or exercising?
Or using sunglasses to give kindness to your eyes, protecting them from the sunlight. These are all ideas I want to explore further by simplifying them down using simple line drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment