Sunday 19 February 2017

Stop motion animation


I created this by moving the eyes ever so slightly for each frame, to give off a pin ball effect, with the arms lifting the eyes above creating a loop. I think the symmetrical motion works really well. Maybe if I were to extend it further I could enhance the colour palette, making the colours less muddy and brighten them up a bit. I also didn't really clean up the edges so i could've made the edges smoother. Then again I quite like the rough texture and clear analogue style, I wouldn't want to bombard it with all these digital techniques to then turn into a digital gif and lose that hand made craft style.


This is my second stop motion animation. I used a different ground and different movement. Perhaps with this one I could've moved the arms and legs as well so there is a clear sense of continuity. I didn't however want to over complicate it and drift away from the main focal point. I think the purple background works really well though, adding a good amount of contrast. I thought I could extend this gif further by adding some kind of background instead of just coloured grounds. The blue background made me think of water so I was thinking the character could be surrounded by fishes swimming. I could make some fish out of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment