Saturday 18 February 2017

Photography Gif experiments



This is the gif. I spent quite a bit of time editing the photographs and making the orange more of a pure colour. I considered getting rid of the seven but feel it gives it more of an edge. Bending my legs at the end is so successful, as it corresponds really well with the hat movement (putting on the hat and pushing down) like im pushing my whole body down. I like how smooth the transition is but do feel however it could be even more effective, if there is some kind of loop to loop it back round to the beginning. I will do this with my next experiment. 








This is the gif with that loop. I think it is really effective and creates more of a structured, free flowing movement which links so well with what I got from my initial song. It's quite fun and playful and I can imagine some old classical music perhaps with silent movie vibes.
Because I did the same shoot but with a white background. I was thinking I could perhaps combine to two shoots and create an alternate gif so it looks like it's flashing from on colour to another.




This is very complex and quite chaotic but feel like it kind of works. I think the speed adds so well to ewhat I was creating as you can only really see glimpses of what is happening. Its almost a complete contrast to my previous one in terms of movement - this is more jagged and a bit sporadic. I do feel though my previous one is more successful in terms of structure and simplicity and works more succesfully as a final with clear focal point. If I wanted to extend this idea further I could've perhaps looked at more colours flashing, adding to that party/rave vibe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment