Thursday 9 February 2017

Gif experimenting




I didn't know how easy it was to create a gif. I experimented first with more simple methods of simply moving the pupils from left to right. I then scanned in my character and started to play around with my two images to create an action of it jumping into a puddle. I think it works so successfully, and I think this is mainly due to the fact there is only two frames and my character and the motion is very simple - I feel like there is no need to overcomplicate the character and motion. I decided to edit the eyes slightly when it lands in the puddle (from open to shut) which i think works quite well as it adds an extra sense of character. I thought I'd add a mouth as well but maybe this doesn't work quite as well? To me it just looks like a orange blob on its face. Maybe i could add a few more frames to the gif so it isn't so glitchy and create more of a flowing structure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment