Friday 24 February 2017

Screen printing




My Problems - I printed out the positives in black but because the printer isn't very good, the black wasn't at its purest and therefore it didn't come out as opaque as I would have liked when washing off the emulsion. Because of this I used a power hose to get rid of any unwanted marks, which worked successfully. Another issue i had was the paper kept on sticking to the board after i printed, because the vacum was too strong, holding it down. I put another sheet of paper down to compensate. The black appeared to come out more of a grey colour because i didn't put enough black paint down. I like the overlapped effect creating a further colour, particularly with the blue and red creating a purple. I definitely think the red and black as colours are most effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment