Sunday 19 February 2017

Analogue gif experimenting

For my analogue gif I had a few ideas in mind. There's always an option of creating a flip book which could be quite interesting, especially if i want to make it into a game like structure. My other idea id drawing the same character again and again. Each drawing will look somewhat different and i think it will be interesting to create a gif out of this. Another idea is starting of with a thick pen and gradually use thinner and thinner pens until you can barely see the line in the last frame. Another idea is drawing the character out but in various mediums and techniques. I think this would look very interesting as a gif with the transition from one material to another, especially with a loop and at a fast pace?



Here are some experiments using various materials and techniques. Because they are all relatively different, I think it will look really effective as a gif, but i feel the transition has to be very fast for it to be successful. I want to stick to black and white with this because my two other gifs are predominantly focused on bright contrasting colours. I also like how with this one the movement is the transition from one analogue experiment to another which is completely different to my other gifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment