Thursday 23 February 2017

Study Task 2 - 'An act of kindness'


For this project, I will creating a circular sticker design, encouraging people to perform an act of kindness (80mm diameter). I will be using Adobe Illustrator to create my design and will be using no more than two colours.

Initial thoughts:

To me, this is more of a graphic based project which I'm very much excited about. I'm particularly fond of logo designing so, hopefully this project will allow me to show my skills. I also really like the theme for this brief as I'm always looking for ways in which I can be kind and go out my way to make someone else feel happy. I will first be exploring the different kinds of acts of kindness and illustrating them with as much freedom as possible. I will then simplify these down, using illustrator and vectors.

I had my first Illustration induction the other day and found it much less tricky than i initially expected. I learnt how to trace an image and create curved lines. 

This is the sticker I created on Illustrator, playing around with colour fill and colour stroke. I also learnt how to reflect one side of an image, if the image is symmetrical. 
I will start my doing some rough sketches of acts of kindness. Maybe personal? maybe locally? maybe globally? maybe literally? and chose a more successful one then develop it further.



Small Exercise

We did a small drawing exercise to get us thinking about shapes and vectors, the simplification of more complex images,



I started with a more complex realistic drawing of someone about to pop a balloon with tonal values and shading. I then gradually started to simplify the image into its most simple terms. The last drawing is actually the drawing I find most interesting. What i like about it is the fact I have only used two shapes, yet you can clearly see it is someone standing on a balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment