Sunday 5 March 2017

Contextual Study


An artist who I am very much inspired by, especially from this project but now just generally, is Olimpia Zagnoli. What I like most about her work is not only her simple shapes and minimal colour palette, but her symmetrical balanced compositions are what particularly draws me in. This is an issue I have faced with this project, not being able to create a composition without a sense of dis balance.


This image portrays the symmetrical balance so well. The minimal colour palette along with the simple combinations of shapes and the overlap of each figure is so effective This definitely relates to some of my previous sketches with the symmetrical figures creating one figure because of their joined composition. The contrast of red and green makes the figure stand out and bring closer attention to the to women.

No comments:

Post a Comment