Sunday 26 March 2017

Stamp designs

So for my stamp idea, I was thinking of taking small aspects from my collage experiments. This didn't particularly work as well as I hoped because the images didn't seem that interesting and perhaps I felt like it was a bit of a cop out - especially if I'm using them for my postcards. So i decided to again to create a whole new perspective of the cage - this time a very simplified version - minimalist style illustration. I think as a series this could work out really nicely with the post card, stamps and postcard each having a design with the same idea being reflected but done in various different ways and using different materials and techniques. Perhaps I could add some text in the hands so it blends nicely into the design - the words 'freedom' maybe. Maybe i could have a series of the same image not only using different colours but maybe different materials/processes.



Sebastien Thibault 

An artist I have only recently discovered in a book I was flicking through is a political based illustrator who pays huge attention to objects, shapes and colours to create conceptual illustrations. Much like Noma Bar's works of art, he uses very simple combinations of images to convey an interesting, striking concept. In a lot of his work he uses a real limited colour palette to create a stylish composition. For my stamps I aim to use a similar method of working - simplified image but perhaps using words as a way of composing my image. I aim to stick to a maximum of 3 colours.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment