Sunday 12 March 2017

Howard Hughes


I watched a few small documentaries on Howard Hughes on Youtube. I found out that he produced and directed a lot of movies in the 1930s - Hell's Angels probably most well known. He had a plane accident in 1946 and became reclusive.

He was the son of successful oil-drill tool manufacturer and inherited the family business at the age of 18. He was known for being one of the most wealthiest men and one of the most famous recluses.

He developed a passion for flying and started to design and make some of his own planes. he was in a few accidents testing them.

He is credited with many aviation innovations, such as the first retractable landing gear, and is also remembered for the H-4 Hercules, which the press nicknamed the Spruce Goose.
He seemed like such a courageous talented young man who wasn't afraid to take risks. I find it quite interesting how in 1946 when he had a terrible plane crash he decided to recluse. As much as this man interests me, planes and 30's films do not particularly interest me so I feel like I wouldn't feel that motivated with this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment