Saturday 4 March 2017

Stencil creation




I created a stencil of a heart by simplifying it down to its most basic shapes. The simplification works really well as the drift away from its realistic structure gives a sense of sophistication. I could be interesting to allow the figured to blend into the heart somehow. I also came up with another idea, to do with healthy eating and going on a plant based diet. Because fruit and vegetables are so healthy i could've perhaps created a heart with outlines of fruit and veg and used shades of greens to represent healthiness. This is something I feel as been done a lot before however so maybe I should try something different. 



This is a little sticker creation using two stencils. The black and red work really well together and the white corresponds well with the overall composition. I like the collage used as a motif - used in the font as well. I'm struggling a bit to work out how to draw the heart so it looks as though it is beating. I tried two lines either side but it appears to look like it is vibrating? or making some form of sound? This is something I will have to experiment with for my final outcome. I think it is now time for me to scan some of my drawings into illustrator and play around with tracing them and using vectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment