Sunday 5 March 2017

Illustrator experimenting


Tracing the outline of the image was incredibly difficult as it is quite a complex design. I found the figures so hard to fill so I had to outline them in stages and then fix them up with the selection tool. The overall composition is really effective though and I really like how it looks and feel it communicates what I want very well. I wanted the inside shapes to be filled with a colour which would stand out from the surrounding heart. Perhaps a complimentary colour? I thought yellow is a nice positive colour, appropriate for this sticker.

  

I then filled the heart with red, making the drawing more recognisable. The red and yellow work really well together and you are definitely drawn to the figures because of that prominent yellow contrasting with the red. For my text I wanted to keep it simple and limited words because i want the image to speak for itself. Keep it beating is a simple yet effective slogan which clearly gives out an imperative message, encouraging people to do something, kind, positive and extremely beneficial.



I started to play around with ways in which I could make the heart look like it's beating. I looked at the beating symbols used on a monitor to show someones beating heart and tried to incorporate it into my design. I like how it is coming out of the heart, reflecting the movement quite well but I'm starting to worry about the image starting to look like maybe a band logo, with it representing music? I am also intrigued to see what it would look like with a darker background? 

No comments:

Post a Comment