Saturday 4 March 2017

Mono printing induction


My mono printing induction was a great success. I really enjoyed it! I loved the constant opportunity to create print after print, combine colours to create further colours and overlapping shapes. It was very similar to screen printing but a much quicker process, and a process in which the outcome is mistake driven. If you make a mistake it creates such an interesting outcome. 





I liked how each printing press had a different pressure therefore creating really different results. I decided to combine all the machines together so i could get a really interesting sense of contrast within my prints and shapes. The colour combinations are visually successful and the texture is very effective with the grainy look contrasting with the more opaque intense colour created with the more pressurised machine. This is something I definitely want to do again maybe not for this project but for future ones for sure. This has also inspired me to create some stencils for my personal project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment