Wednesday 22 March 2017

Group Review


Good points:

My mono prints seem to be a big talking point. People loved the colours and 'dirtiness' of the backgrounds. This is the media people thought was most exciting. A couple of people thought that I could perhaps combine both the collage and mono prints and perhaps draw on top? This could be quite interesting.

Future plans:

Continue breaking down the imagery and using visual devices like the cage. 
Consider some more images - keep designing - People thought I had good media experimentation.
Go away from one design. Explore and isolate aspects?
Explore different compositions?  

Peer Review

  For my poster they thought I could have the zoomed in version of the cage as a mono print. For my postcards they suggested I could have three of the same cage image but using different colours or processes perhaps? For my 4 stamps they suggested I could have zoomed in aspects. 

Tutor feedback

My tutor mentioned that i should think about how to represent music (rather than the obvious). Moving away from the literal representation. 

What is successful?

Simplified imagery - moved away from literal - made a sad concept more positive.


What is great?

My experimentation with media and my personal response to the poem. 


What is exceptional?

Materials - works with colour - not too in your face - manages to capture the essence of her spirit in the work. 


Reflection:


After all this feedback I think I will start to look at mixing media like collage and mono prints and perhaps scanning them into Photoshop and seeing what kind of experiments I can do. I also want to experiment with low relief collage so the cage looks as though it is coming out of the page, creating more of a striking image. I will also look at different ways of representing the music coming out of the cage whether it be shape or scribbles. Do I want to add some text in the image and if so how will it work and correspond with the image?

No comments:

Post a Comment